This is an easy to prepare Broccoli and Almond Soup recipe. However, the preparation may take up a bit of your time. Don’t get worked up, the end result is worth the effort.
The following recipe is courtesy Chef Amit Chaudhary, CORNICHE restaurant in Bandra, Mumbai.
Broccoli and Almond Soup (Serves 1)
White Pepper Powder 01 gms
To make 200 gms Broccoli paste:
To make 200 gms Almond paste :
To make 200 ml Veloute:
Refined Flour (Maida) 30 gms
To make 200 ml Vegetable Stock:
Black Pepper Corn
NOTE: Any other vegetables may be added as per the requirement.
1) To make the broccoli paste, blanch the broccoli and set aside. Now take butter in a pan, sauté the
onion and garlic till golden brown, add the broccoli, oregano and toss together. Now add the cream and
remove from the flame. Once it cools, make a fine paste.
2) Take the almonds and soak in water for about 30 minutes, remove from water and peel the skin. Now
take water in a pan and blanch the almonds till soft and finally make a paste by using cream to give it
3) To prepare the veloute, take butter in a pan and melt it. Once it melts, add the flour and cook. Avoid
cooking till it gets a colour.
4) On the side keep your vegetable stock ready by simmering all the ingredients in a pot till you get an
aroma and the stock is clear and without colour. Now add the cold stock to the warm butter and flour
mixture and blend well making sure that no lumps are formed.
5) Finally to prepare the soup, take the onion, garlic and celery chopped finely in a pan of melted butter
and cook till soft and tender. Now add the broccoli paste and oregano simmer it for some time then add
the almond paste to the mix. Add the veloute and cream and cook till the desired thickness is attained.
6) Finish it with salt and pepper for taste and serve in a soup bowl, garnish it with grated parmesan